Advice from an Experienced IT Strategist
I can help you in these areas:
Strategy and Business/IT Alignment
- Having trouble with business/IT alignment?
- Can’t seem to get started on putting together an IT strategy?
- Have an IT strategy but it gets no respect from the business or from your IT employees?
- Have an IT strategy document or presentation that you’d like to get feedback on?
- Need someone to bounce IT strategy ideas off of?
- Know what your IT strategy ought to be but having trouble communicating it to business?
Program Management / Project Management
- Have an important program or project that you need someone to manage?
- Have a runaway project that needs saving? Or maybe you want to know whether it can in fact be saved.
- Need to give an important new project a jump start?
- Have a failing IT organization and want outside advice on what to do?
- Need help reviewing candidates for an important new position?
- Want to discuss the best way to organize your IT organization?
- Need training for your business and IT people on how to better understand and relate to one another
Marketing Problems for Your IT Product or Service
- Are you having difficulty marketing to CIO’s?
- Do you need help developing advertising copy that appeals to CIO’s?
- Do you want an honest opinion about your product or service, and the best way to sell it to an IT organization?
Now you can get my help on a monthly, weekly, daily, or even hourly basis.
Send me an email if you’re interested. Describe your problem and include attachments if you think it’s important (I prefer PDF, PPT or text). For small things I’ll give you an estimate and then you can decide whether or not you want to proceed. For larger needs, make sure you include contact information so I can get in touch with you.
Confidentiality and non-disclosure is a given. I never reveal secrets shared with me by a client, and I’ll abide by the Confidentiality Statement given below.
I will not divulge any of client’s proprietary or confidential information or material without client’s prior written consent provided, however, that I may make such disclosure as is reasonably necessary to the performance of this project. I will take all precautions necessary and appropriate to insure that my employees, agents, and subconsultants likewise adhere to these confidentiality provisions. The phrase “client’s proprietary or confidential information or material” shall mean any information, data and knowledge concerning client which is delivered or disclosed to me, or which I learn or obtain orally, through observation, or through analysis of such information, data or knowledge. The phrase does not include information which (i) is already in my possession, or (ii) becomes generally available to the public other than as a result of a disclosure by me, or (iii) becomes available to me on a non-confidential basis from a source other than client, provided that such source is not bound by a confidentiality agreement with or other obligation of secrecy to client or another party.