This newsletter contains the following articles:
- Why Do You Want to Be a Manager?
The two advantages of being a manager, with a frank discussion of some of the disadvantages as well.
- How to Justify Security Investment
How do you justify continued investment in security infrastructure when your business customers don’t see any security problems?
- How to Become a Manager — 13 Skills You’ll Need
13 skills required by a successful manager
- What’s the Opposite of ROI? — How to Compare Cost-Cutting Opportunities
If you use ROI (Return on Investment) during a good economy to compare project possibilities, then what do you use during a bad economy to compare various alternatives for cutting costs? This article talks about one possibility.
- The Meaning of “Scalable” Needs to Change
Upward scalability used to be the only important aspect of scalability. But in a bad economy downward scalability is probably more important.